Mon 9/22 Acrostic Poem Entry
Write your name vertically down the left side of your paper.
Write an adjective or word phrase that describes you after each letter of your name.
Draw a sketch of yourself showing your adjectives.
SHERI
Silly
Healthy
Eccentric
Rigorous
Inquisitive
Spelling with base words: catch, tackle, write, work, agree; choose five for personal spelling list.
Elaboration: Digging Deeper in one area to add specific details. Explain the story told in class about digging for treasure to another student.
What kind of a digging was our entry task poem?
Model and Apply: How could we turn the poem into a 2? 3? 4 score?
I asked questions about my first poem to add enough detail in my fourth draft. I kept asking myself, "What else could I say about this idea? What other details could I add? How could I be more specific?"
Here's what happened each time I asked, "What else?"
Level 2
Silly: Sometimes sings in class
Healthy: Brings my own lunch
Eccentric: Wears her own styles
Rigorous: Thinks carefully
Inquisitive: Asks more questions
Level 3:
Silly: Sometimes sings “Hey Hey Paula” in class
Healthy: Brings a protein and fruit lunch to school
Eccentric: Wears loose flowered shirts and colored socks in her own way
Rigorous: Thinks carefully and creates extra examples for students
Inquisitive: Asks more questions about the Arctic and about how students start ideas
Level 4:
Silly: Sings “Hey Hey Paula” in class; Acts out events in stories, like Casey at Bat
Healthy: Chomps down a ham and grape lunch
Eccentric: Wears loose purple-flowered shirts, matching colored socks, and comfortable Birkenstock shoes
Rigorous: Thinks carefully, creates extra examples for students, and revises lessons each day so students learn
Inquisitive: Asks more questions about the effect of global warming on the Arctic people and animals; Asks students to remember how to start ideas and add details to reach a level four score
Your Turn:
Work with a partner to ask questions about your poems so you can add more details and examples.
(Will finish tomorrow in work session).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment