Divide your spelling paper into parts as we have practiced. In each section write one of these base words:
tan, confer, learn, confuse, understand
With a partner, use the base words and your affix list to create as many words as you can from the base words.
Reflection: Answer these two questions in your notebook for our parent conferences next week:
What do you like about writing class?
What do you wish would be different about writing class?
++++++++++++++
If time:
Elaboration of poem (finish): Add details [elaboration, examples, explanations, evidence, experiences (5Es) and who, what, when, where, why, how (5W +H)] to each line of your poem.
Who will share and allow us to practice using the "Question Asking Strategy?"
Finish. Share tomorrow.
Finish: Share roller skating paragraph. Were questions answered? Which one is the most real and most convincing? Why?
Conference Prep: Use checklist to practice. What writing pieces will you show?
Conference checklist:
Student-Parent-Teacher Conference
Procedures
__ Did I share procedures for entering the room?
__ Did I share my notebook, spelling folder, and writing?
__ Did I share how I put my work away?
Spelling
__ Did I share my spelling procedures for Monday?
__ Did I share my spelling procedures for Tuesday?
__ Did I share my spelling procedures for homework?
__ Did I share my spelling procedures for the Thursday test?
Writing
__ Did I share my Writing Treasure Map?
__ Did I share my writing treasure stories?
__ Did I share how we get ideas for writing?
__ Did I share my reflections?
Compliment from guardian to child:
Goal for child from guardian:
Question for teacher from guardian:
Tuesday: Checklist to complete with writing from today.
If time:
Apply Questioning Strategy:
Read your Treasure Map story to a neighbor. Neighbor follows along.
After the first reading, slowly read it again and your neighbor will ask you questions.
Write the questions in the margins if they help you to add details to your story.
5Es
elaboration: What else? What's another idea?
example: What is an example?
explanation: Could you explain what this is? what happened?
evidence: Where's the proof?
experience: Can you add a story or experience?
5W +H
who, what, when, where, why, how
Who will share and allow us to practice using the "Question Asking Strategy?"
Share stories. What else did each add? What else could each add? Was the piece elaborated? How do you know?
Finish. Share tomorrow.
++++++++++++++++Conference Prep: Use checklist to practice. What writing pieces will you show?
Conference checklist:
Student-Parent-Teacher Conference
Procedures
__ Did I share procedures for entering the room?
__ Did I share my notebook, spelling folder, and writing?
__ Did I share how I put my work away?
Spelling
__ Did I share my spelling procedures for Monday?
__ Did I share my spelling procedures for Tuesday?
__ Did I share my spelling procedures for homework?
__ Did I share my spelling procedures for the Thursday test?
Writing
__ Did I share my Writing Treasure Map?
__ Did I share my writing treasure stories?
__ Did I share how we get ideas for writing?
__ Did I share my reflections?
Compliment from guardian to child:
Goal for child from guardian:
Question for teacher from guardian:
Tuesday: Checklist to complete with writing from today.
If time:
Apply Questioning Strategy:
Read your Treasure Map story to a neighbor. Neighbor follows along.
After the first reading, slowly read it again and your neighbor will ask you questions.
Write the questions in the margins if they help you to add details to your story.
5Es
elaboration: What else? What's another idea?
example: What is an example?
explanation: Could you explain what this is? what happened?
evidence: Where's the proof?
experience: Can you add a story or experience?
5W +H
who, what, when, where, why, how
Who will share and allow us to practice using the "Question Asking Strategy?"
Share stories. What else did each add? What else could each add? Was the piece elaborated? How do you know?
Finish. Share tomorrow.
If time:
Elaboration of poem (finish): Add details [elaboration, examples, explanations, evidence, experiences (5Es) and who, what, when, where, why, how (5W +H)] to each line of your poem.
Who will share and allow us to practice using the "Question Asking Strategy?"
Finish. Share tomorrow.





No comments:
Post a Comment